Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Homemade Fabric Birthday Banner


Some more progress was made this week (finally, right?) for this much anticipated 1st birthday party at the end of March! I was able to sew up a colorful fabric banner from the Eric Carle fabric that I purchased from Treasure Bay Fabrics on Etsy. It's the birthday banner quilt panel (on sale for only $5.99/panel) and I purchased two panels to use for the banner and for the kids' birthday shirts.  


For the banners above, I used the colored fleece I had on hand. They were from the remnants bin and nearly a yard and a half each. On top of that, there was an extra 50% off all remnants that day so they came up to less than $5 each. I LOVE the remnant bin! It's the first thing I gravitate to when I walk into my fabric store. 

I used my pinking shears to cut out all the fabric, including the felt sheets that I used to back the images below. Then I simply sewed them together with a straight stitch and added eyelets to the corners so I can either string a colorful ribbon through or tie them with ribbons to a curtain rod. I haven't decided yet where I will be hanging the banner. It may be hung over the patio door or under the giant papier-mache caterpillar on the loft wall. 




Aren't the images gorgeous and colorful on the fabric? I don't know what I'll do with these once the party's over! Maybe donate them? What do people normally do with pretty party decor that won't be used again??? 


I can't wait to see all the party decor go up and the effect it will create. It's so bright, cheery and colorful- so right for a celebration! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like this post? Leave a comment or check the sidebar for ways to connect with me - I'd love to hear what you think!