Sunday, July 21, 2013

KCW Day 7: Baby Slip Dress


Last day of the summer Kids Clothes Week challenge and I made it! My very last project for this challenge was the Baby Slip Dress pattern from Suburbia-Soup and oooh, is it cute! I definitely plan to make more of these beauties!


I am without a model this weekend- she's on a little vacay at Grandma's- but when she comes back, I'll put her straight to work modeling this adorable dress for everyone!


I added the bias tape to the skirt hem as well even though the original pattern did not include this. I just love this little extra detail at the bottom! 


The fabric is a very sheer cotton voile so I had to line it with a white cotton fabric. It's such an airy, pretty summer dress with a vintage vibe because of the little roses. I really love the pop of red from the bias tape as well.




Super duper cute! I love the pattern and it was a pretty quick sew. Best of all, it's a free pattern so go over to Suburbia-Soup and print it out for yourself! I will update with pictures of my model later tonight!

That wraps up my summer 2013 KCW challenge! Tomorrow, I'll have a little wrap up of all my projects so you can see all the colorful outfits I made for this summer challenge. Have a wonderful Sunday!

As promised, I've got pics with a model in the dress! It fits perfectly!








19 comments:

  1. You did an amazing job! I LOVE the piping on the hem... why didn't I think of that?! Thanks a bunch for trying out the pattern!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Venus! I plan to make a few more for my nieces- I think they'll all love having matching dresses! Wonderful pattern- THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! The fabric is lovely too!
    Have a nice week!
    Hugs from Portugal,

    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ana! And thanks so much for stopping by my little corner today!

      Delete
  4. adorable! I'm so envious that you can sew like this!
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lauren! It takes a lot of practice, believe me! =)

      Delete
  5. The dress is beautiful, and your little girl is just precious! Thank you so much for sharing at Monday Funday this week! Have a good one!

    Take care,

    Trish

    ReplyDelete
  6. This turned out soooo cute! I have this pattern downloaded too, must try it! :)
    Heidi @ handmadefrenzy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heidi- I can't wait to see your version of it!

      Delete
  7. I also made this dress for KCW Day7! Yay!
    Love your version! This is so beautiful! Love the piping on the hem and the main fabric is so summery and gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shino! I will check your version out as well! It's such a fun summery dress, I think I might need to make a version for myself before summer is over!

      Delete
  8. Beautiful dress - and what a pretty model! Great photos.

    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a fabulous week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute dress, Julia! I'm making it too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Yeka- I would love to see your version of it too!

      Delete
  10. Darling dress, and darling model! I'm thinking my little ladies need this! I'll be featuring this on my blog on Saturday!

    http://www.sumossweetstuff.com

    Thanks for linking up!
    Sumo:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so awesome, thank you Sumo! Thanks for hosting such a great linky party!
      -Julia from Handicraftiness

      Delete
  11. Hello !
    I.m a french girl and I like your dress !
    Can you give me the pattern ?
    Because the website doesn'T work anymore.
    Have à Nice day,
    Marion
    marion.joly@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Like this post? Leave a comment or check the sidebar for ways to connect with me - I'd love to hear what you think!